| Ivy & Leo dress | American Eagle cardigan | Dry Goods necklace | Express booties |
The mild fall weather is continuing in the Midwest! I’m trying to enjoy it and soak it up as much as I can because I know soon enough the long, cold winter will start. With the mild weather, I’ve been wearing dresses to work a lot. The thing I like about dresses is that you look really put together, yet picking out a dress is way easier than a whole outfit. This purple dress is another new one I got this summer for fall. It’s so comfortable, which makes me wish I would’ve gotten it in more colors. I think this purple color is perfect for fall and the black booties gave it even more of a fall look. I just got this layered necklace last weekend and love it! I thought it was the perfect necklace to go with this dress!
1) These shoes are so adorable! I’m always looking for a cute bootie and I would love to have these in my closet! They would be PERFECT for fall! 2) I love this outfit. It would be great for wearing to work. I love how the outfit is neutral until you get to the shoes where there is a pop of color. 3) This color is great for the colder weather that is coming in the upcoming months. I think it’s so pretty and I definitely need to get it!
1) I have one pair of Tieks that are purple that I love. I really want another pair of Tieks because they are so comfortable. If I were to get another pair I would want a more neutral color so I could get more use out of them. I love these rose gold colored Tieks! 2) I really want to get a puffer vest monogrammed like this one, except not in this same color! 3) I love this simple Tiffany & Co. necklace. It’s definitely a necklace that you could wear pretty much all of the time!
I picked these three pins for my top pins of the week because they are all such great fall outfits! 1) I love this look with button up top under the sweater! Also you can’t go wrong with Tory Burch shoes. 2) I really like how long this white top is and the deep V. The monogram necklace is a little large for in my opinion, but overall such a cute outfit! 3) The color of this sweater is so pretty. I also wish I had this necklace! I love the length of it and the layers to it!
1) I’ve haven’t had a fall jacket in a long time, but I absolutely love everything about this one! It’s seriously perfect!!! I really like the colors and the plaid lining. Basically I need to see if I can find this jacket so I can buy it! 2) With fall coming, it’s about that time to start breaking out the scarves! I love wearing scarves during fall and winter. I really like the colors and look of this blanket scarf. It looks so cozy! 3) Another thing that I love, are spirit jerseys and spirit jersey type shirts. I definitely wouldn’t mind adding a monogram one to my ever growing collection!
With Fourth of July coming up this weekend, we decided to do a look book for the holiday instead of our usual ‘What We Wore Wednesday’ post. We’ve put together multiple looks, using clothing from our everyday closets. Since we used clothing from our closets and didn’t buy clothing that would only be good for the Fourth of July, these looks can be worn any other day as well. If you haven’t figured out what you’re wearing yet for the Fourth of July, we hope these looks will give you some inspiration!
1) This outfit is perfection! From the dress to the accessories, this is an outfit I would wear! 2) This is a great summer outfit for a colder day. I love the blue top with the clutch’s bright pop of pink. 3) You can never have too many running shoes right? The color combo on this shoes is so fun! I especially love the mint. I would love to have these shoes for working out.
1) I’m in love with these sandals!!! I hope I can somehow find them to buy 2) I workout on a regular basis and I love everything about this workout outfit, especially the pants! 3) I really like gingham patterned shirts. I haven’t really seen this pattern on shorts before and I really love these shorts! They’re perfect for summer!
As some of you may know last week was spring break for me! This year I went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with one of my college friends. We had a great time and overall some pretty wonderful weather.
Since we got into Myrtle Beach after 11:00 at night I am going to start with our first full day. Our first day was the only day that we had bad weather. It rained on and off for most of the day so we decided to start things off by doing some shopping and going to a movie. We normally wouldn’t have gone to a movie, but with the bad weather and the new Cinderella movie that just came out we couldn’t resist going! After we went to the movie, we went to the outlet mall that was right by us and went to Kate Spade. They had so many cute items and everything was 50% off plus another 15% off because we had our student ids with us. We couldn’t stay their long since we were going to a show soon and had to go back and change.
That evening we went to a show called Hot Jersey Nights, which was fun and the perfect thing to do on a rainy evening.
Following that we went to Broadway at the Beach to eat at Senor Frogs where we could watch and cheer on our men’s basketball team as they played for the big 12 championship. We ended the night at a piano bar called Crocodile Rocks. Neither of us had been to a piano bar before, but we were both glad we ended up going here. It was a lot of fun and very entertaining!
We started the day off with going to breakfast at a cute little place called Windy Hill Breakfast & Lunch. It’s one my favorite places to get breakfast while in Myrtle Beach. After that we went back to the outlet mall and did some shopping at J Crew. They had 50% off the entire store all weekend long and I couldn’t resist getting some new items for spring. After we were all done shopping there we went and laid out at the pool and ocean. It was such a perfect day and we were loving the warm weather after a longer winter. Of course we couldn’t pass up taking some photos while on our walk on the beach!
Once it started getting later in the afternoon, we decided it was time to head in and get ready for supper. Emily and I always love going to Japanese Steak Houses to eat together so we thought we might as well go to one while we were here. We went to Nakato Japanese Steakhouse and it is definitely the best I have ever been to. When you order hibachi you get soup, salad, shrimp, rice, noodles, vegetables, and of course whatever meat you ordered. It was so much food and it was all delicious! We definitely had enough food to take home for a whole other meal.
We were so full after eating so we went back to our place for a bit to relax before heading out again. Later that night we went and explored the marina right by us and did some exploring of some local neighborhoods. We enjoyed looking around and seeing all the beautiful houses.
We started off our day by going to Market Common outdoor shopping center. It’s a little further away, but it’s always worth the drive. We went into a few boutique type places while we were there and ended up buying things from Current XXVII and Ivy & Leo. On our way back we stopped at the Myrtle Beach Skywheel. This was a really unique place to go and see with the Ferris wheel, pier, and little shops. We thought about going on the Ferris wheel but both decided it was better to look at than actually go on it.
After returning back to our place, we decided it was time to head to the pool/beach where we stayed for the rest of the afternoon. Our evening was more laid back and uneventful, which was kind of nice. We went to Steak N’ Shake for supper since we don’t have one close to us and we both love eating there. Then we went to Barefoot Landing, which was basically across the street from us to check out some of the shops they had there. We didn’t really end up getting much but it was still a good time to look around and see what they all had. We stayed in for the rest of the night after that and just drank some wine and hung out.
Our final day was spent exactly how it should be-at the beach and pool! We were out there most of the morning and all afternoon. We wanted to stock up on all the sun possible before heading back to the Midwest. Even though we both wore sunscreen and reapplied we got a little sunburnt. It was definitely worth it to be able to spend our last day outside by the water though.
Once we finally headed back inside, we got ready for supper where we went to an amazing Italian restaurant called Villa Tuscanna. It’s one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to and all the workers were so nice. I would highly recommend if you are ever in the area to stop by.
Afterward we ended up going out and having green beer since it was St. Patrick’s day and this was our first time being able to have it now that we’re 21. We didn’t stay out too long with having to get up early and still having to get everything packed up and ready to leave.
I ended up getting a lot of great things while on spring break and you can watch the video below to see what I all got!
We are going to be starting a weekly Friday post called “PINspiration Friday” where we share with you our top five of six pins of the week. We will mostly be sharing fashion pins with you, but we may sprinkle some non fashion related ones in as well.
These are my top pins of the week because lately I have had an obsession with skirts! I love the length and the color of the first one, along with the pairing of it with a large statement necklace. The second two I picked because of the fun, preppy look they have!
1. I just REALLY want these Sperry’s! 2. I’m in love with scallops and I’m really loving stripes lately, so I really like this shirt/shorts combo. 3. You can never have too many cross body purses, right?! This Kate Spade one is perfect for spring and summer!
We hope you have a great weekend! Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to start planning your Valentine’s Day outfit. For this blog post we are collaborating with Talaria Flats. Ingrid from Talaria Flats was nice enough to send us each a pair of these flats to style for Valentine’s Day. What we love about these flats the most is that they are a purse friendly shoe that make it convenient to change into after a long day/night in heels. Now let’s get into how we styled these ballet flats! With all of these looks we show you how you can transition them from beginning of the night to the end of the night with the Talaria Flats.
Red Dress Boutique Dresss | Corso Como Heels | Talaria Flats
Express Dress | J. Crew Necklace | Marley Lilly Clutch | J. Crew Heels | Talaria Flats
Hope’s Sweater| American Eagle Jeggings| Red Dress Boutique Necklace| Jessica Simpson Heels| Talaria Flats
More Talaria Flats Info:
Price: $38 for a single pair
Color Options: Black, Champagne, & White
*There’s also event boxes (multiple pairs) that you can buy for these flats, which would be great for a Bridal Party or another big event where you’re going to be in heels for a long period of time.
As you can see from the pictures below, Talaria Flats are so easy to keep in your purse for those times when you need to change into a more comfortable pair of shoes. We really like that these flats truly are comfortable since they have great cushioning for your feet These shoes can easily fit into smaller purses as well because they are so slim when you fold them up. How could you not want a pair of these flats when they’re affordable, stylish, and comfortable?! We know that we want a pair in every color now!
Talaria Flats was also generous enough to let us do a giveaway for you guys! There will be one winner for this giveaway who will win a FREE pair of Talaria flats in the color of her choice. To find out the details on how you can enter this awesome giveaway, go to our instagram account @2classysisters.
We’re excited for Valentine’s Day next weekend, especially now that we have adorable flats that we can change into if our feet start to hurt! What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? What do you plan on wearing? Let us know in the comments below!